We're Hiring! Part-Time Brewery Assistant
Fill out the EMPLOYMENT FORM to apply.
Job Title: Part-Time Brewery Assistant
Job Overview: This part-time position provides support to the entire brewery operations department to maintain company policies and ensuring all products and the facility meet company quality standards. Focusing on cleanliness of the facility, supporting packaging line, measuring gravities, pH, CO2, and DO of beer, as well as assisting in a variety of facility projects. This position needs to communicate regularly, effectively, and efficiently with supervisors and team members.
Responsibilities and Duties: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Assist Packaging Supervisor with all packaging tasks including cleaning kegs, supporting canning line, packing cases and rotating inventory items.
- Assist Brewing and Cellar Manager with the completion of Daily Brew Logs and tank CIP.
- Maintaining the use of standard operating procedures unless otherwise instructed.
- Maintaining cleanliness of all areas in brew house and all areas of brewery.
- Communicate regularly and efficiently with supervisors and team members.
- Arrive to each shift on time with a positive attitude.
- Keep Brewing Facility clean and functional at all times
- Follow Cleaning & Maintenance Schedules and consult supervisor about cleaning needs, and perform all required cleanings to the appropriate standard including tanks, floors, walls, tank exteriors, Brewhouse vessels, kegs and other packaging, packaging line and other equipment as directed
- Follow all inventory procedures for all raw materials, chemicals, beer, cooperage, small parts, ingredients, packaging supplies etc. and report deficiencies to supervisor.
- Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and on time.
- Perform others duties as assigned.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule: days, nights and or weekends. The primary job hours will be weekday and weekend day time hours
- Must have own vehicle, valid Driver's License, current insurance coverage and clean driving record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills to interact with coworkers, customers, and vendors in a professional manner.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions, procedures, and standard operating procedures.
- Possess the ability to multi-task and manage stressful circumstances associated with a fastpaced and evolving work environment.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment.
- Adherence to organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Good understanding of Quality Assurance / Quality Control and problem solving skills as well as to troubleshoot any beer related issues.
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
- Data entry software such as Word, Excel, Beersmith, Ekos, and various Google programs.
- Brewery equipment: Scales, Keg cleaning machine, forklift, pumps, heating equipment, grain mill, as well as lab and wort analysis equipment.
- Various gas regulators and multi flow liquid valves.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, perform repetitive motions of the hands and/or wrists, and perform various tasks with dexterity, strength and mobility.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds, and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
- High mental and visual attention required for planning difficult work methods and sequences to evaluate and execute qualities of product. AND/OR Extremely close visual attention such as making delicate adjustments to control high speed operations to exercise very precise muscular control.
While performing the duties of this position, the worker is exposed to inside
environmental conditions, extreme heat, potential for physical injury, exposure to hot fluids, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, strong odors, chemicals, and moving machinery. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud due to frequent pump operation.
Fill out the EMPLOYMENT FORM to apply.