We're Hiring - Brewer
Fill out the EMPLOYMENT FORM to apply.
Brewer - Job Description
The brewer reports to the Brewing & Cellar Manager.
Job Overview: This position provides support to the Production Manager and Brewing & Cellar Manager and oversees daily brewhouse tasks while maintaining company policies and ensures our product meets our standards of the highest quality. This position will be able to supervise and properly train Assistant Brewers and Brewery Trainees. This position needs to communicate regularly and effectively with the Production Manager and Brewing & Cellar Manager to ensure all brewhouse responsibilities are fulfilled safely, efficiently, effectively, and accurately.
Responsibilities and Duties: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Complete brewing process in a safe and efficient This includes, but is not limited to, milling, mashing, lautering, wort boiling, cooling and transferring to fermenters.
- Maintaining the use of standard operating procedures unless otherwise instructed.
- Maintaining all company requirements including those regarding safety, health, sanitation, and GMP
- Oversee and supervise the Assistant Brewer and other employees in completing assigned tasks.
- Work with Brewing & Cellar Manager to ensure the product meets Levante’s standards of the highest quality.
- Monitoring daily fermentation samples and all other cellaring information/specifications required for the day/week.
- Having knowledge in all areas of brewery operations, fermentation tendencies, and knowledge in areas/disciplines that interact/affect the business of brewing and selling of brewed beverages.
- Oversee and supervise Assistant Brewer and other employees to ensure timeliness and accuracy of recorded information (i.e. packaging records and other detailed brewery information) as well as adherence to SOP’s.
- Can communicate effectively to co-workers.
- Can identify and communicate problems with equipment malfunction or breakdown in processes
- Provide support in ensuring that all raw materials and inventory items are in stock, properly labeled and stored, and properly accounted for in Ekos/company records, such as malt, hops, brewing additives, adjuncts, safety equipment and chemicals. Report low levels of inventory to the supervisor when necessary.
- Maintain impeccable cleanliness of all areas in the brew house and all areas of brewery facility (including outside of brewhouse, offices, common areas, taproom, etc).
- Communicate regularly, efficiently, and effectively with supervisors and team members.
- Arrive at each shift on time with a positive attitude.
- Oversee and complete production from brewing to packaging beer.
- Cellaring - Operating cleaning/sanitation cycles on tanks, brew day preparation, part cleaning (breakdown and rebuild of tanks) and other mechanical operations daily.
- Packaging - Assist in kegging and canning operations of finished beer when Including canning line and labeler issues.
- Oversee and be able to sufficiently plate filter any necessary product
- Keep Brewing Facility impeccably clean and functional at all times
- Follow Cleaning & Maintenance Schedules and consult supervisor about cleaning needs and perform all required cleanings to the appropriate standard including tanks, floors, walls, tank exteriors, Brewhouse vessels, kegs and other packaging, packaging line and other equipment as directed.
- Monitor quality of product, temperature, pressure, gravity, and carbonation in fermentation/brite tanks, in package, and at the Tap Room on a daily basis.
- Count yeast and calculate pitch amounts when needed.
- Monitor, pitch and evaluate yeast as needed.
- Follow all inventory procedures for all raw materials, chemicals, beer, cooperage, small parts, ingredients, packaging supplies and report deficiencies or quality/safety issues to the supervisor.
- Work with the Brewing & Cellar Manager to keep an improvement log spotting mechanical or functional issues preemptively and suggesting solutions to the supervisor.
- Be able to supervise a team with exceptional communication and leadership.
- Represent Levante Brewing Company at events and promote good public relations, respectfully handle complaints and concerns of customers, and report to supervisor if necessary.
- Complete all necessary and assigned paperwork accurately and on time.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule: days, nights and or weekends.
- Must have own vehicle, valid Driver's License, current insurance coverage per company policy and clean driving record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills to interact with coworkers, customers, and vendors in a professional manner.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions, procedures, and standard operating procedures.
- Possess the ability to multi-task and manage stressful circumstances associated with a fast-paced and evolving work environment.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment.
- Expert level of understanding of the brewing process, and more importantly, the process of which Levante brewing has set forth for its Brewers to follow.
- Advanced knowledge of all brewing and brewery related systems, as well as software and technical systems that Levante Brewing uses in the manufacturing process.
- Adherence to organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Advanced understanding of Quality Assurance / Quality Control and problem-solving skills as well as to troubleshoot any beer related issues.
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
- Data entry software such as Word, Excel, Beersmith, Ekos, and various Google programs.
- Brewery equipment: Fermentation control devices/systems, VFD’s, pumps, scales, keg cleaning machine, forklift, Heated/jacketed brewing/water tanks, pressurized tanks, valves, boiler and heating equipment, grain mill, grain conveyors and related equipment, as well as lab and wort analysis equipment.
- Various gas regulators and multi flow liquid valves.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, perform repetitive motions of the hands and/or wrists, and perform various tasks with dexterity, strength and mobility.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165
- Ability to climb ladder and function on a ladder as high as 15 feet
- High mental and visual attention required for planning difficult work methods and sequences to evaluate and execute qualities of product AND Extremely close visual attention such as making delicate adjustments to control high speed operations to exercise very precise muscular control.
While performing the duties of this position, the worker is exposed to inside environmental conditions, extreme heat, potential for physical injury, exposure to hot fluids, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, strong odors, chemicals, electrical components, and moving/heavy machinery. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud due to frequent pump operation.
Fill out the EMPLOYMENT FORM to apply.