We're Hiring - Senior Packaging Technician
Fill out the EMPLOYMENT FORM to apply.
Levante Brewing Company is seeking a highly motivated senior packaging technician to join our brewery team. We are looking for someone knowledgeable and passionate about the craft beer industry. Unique opportunities for growth and development.
Job Overview: This position oversees all packaging for the brewery operations department. Responsible for operating and maintaining the quality of our canning line and kegging line products. This position needs to communicate regularly, effectively, and efficiently with department managers and team members.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES (ADDITIONAL DUITES MAY BE ASSIGNED)
- Perform and oversee all packaging including kegging and canning
- Perform and oversee all keg cleaning
- Coordinate with the Sales and Fulfillment department to provide availability and timelines for finished packaged products
- Work with the Packaging Manager to oversee all packaging unit members and their performance
- Create and maintain meticulous packaging notes and data to provide continuous historical information for QA/QC and the company
- Assist the Packaging Manager to forecast and order packaging material needs in advance to avoid costly production disruptions and save on bulk purchases when necessary
- Create and oversee warehousing of all packaging related inventory and items
- Work with the Packaging Manager to maintain packaging parts inventory and ordering to assure that all necessary parts and part backups are available when needed
- Work with production and cellaring to create weekly work schedules for the packaging team
- Monitor packaging unit members timesheets to assist Packaging Manager to verify accuracy
- Work with Packaging Manager and Brewing and Cellar Manager to create packaging schedule to fulfill the needs of the company
- Facilitate and enter daily updates in Ekos brewery management software
- Create packaging schedules based off cellar and production schedule
- Package all products in ekos as products are physically packaged
- Manage any packaged products and its component depletions in ekos
- Maintain internal packaging consumables inventory
- Create Purchase orders
- Receive inventory
- Facilitate and approve EOM inventory checks
- Lead point of contact, in conjunction with Facilities Engineer, for the needs of all packaging equipment related facility issues to Director of Brewery Operations and Facilities Engineer
- Work with QA/QC Manager and Production Manager to ensure our product meets our standards of the highest quality
- Provide relevant support to team members to assist in production team member growth
- Work with Packaging Manager to develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all aspects of packaging: cellaring/conditioning, storage, QA/QC and required maintenance SOPs set forth by Facilities Engineer
- Work with QA/QC to maintain proper and improve packaging line quality control and assurances that meet with and exceed company standards
- Oversee sanitation and cleanliness upkeep of all packaging facilities including the main packaging areas in the brewery, large brewhouse fridge and packaging storage areas
- Have some knowledge in all areas of brewery operations, fermentation tendencies, and other areas of the company
- Communicate regularly, effectively, and efficiently with supervisors and team members.
- Cellaring - Operating cleaning/sanitation cycles on tanks, packaging preparation, part cleaning and other mechanical operations daily
- Oversee packaging operations and verify that proper packaging procedures are being adhered to by all packaging team members to maintain and improve QA/QC of packaged products
- Ensure all documentation is being filled out and distributed in and effective and timely manner during and after packaging has taken place
- Keep current and running inventory and inform the Packaging Manager and Warehouse Material Specialist to place timely orders of all packaging materials including, but not limited to, keg shells, keg collars, keg caps, brite cans, can ends, 4 pack holders, and case trays
- Work with Director of Brewery Operations and facilities engineer to develop and maintain proper preventative canning line and other related components maintenance and assist in any repairs as needed on canning line and related components
- Follow Cleaning & Maintenance Schedules and perform all required cleanings to the appropriate standard including tanks, floors, walls, tank exteriors, Brewhouse vessels, kegs and other packaging, packaging line and other equipment as directed
- Monitor quality, temperature, pressure, gravity, and carbonation of in-process tanks and packaged goods
- Follow all inventory procedures for all packaging consumables, chemicals, beer/finished product, cooperage, small parts, packaging supplies etc. and report deficiencies/low levels and/or quality issues to supervisor.
- Perform all appropriate tasks and projects as given by Production Manager and Packaging Manager
- Ability to work a flexible schedule: days, nights and or weekends.
- Must have own vehicle, valid Driver's License, current insurance coverage and clean driving record
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills to interact with coworkers, customers, and vendors in a professional manner.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions, procedures, and standard operating procedures.
- Possess the ability to multi-task and manage stressful circumstances associated with a fast paced and evolving work environment.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Candidate should have at least 1-2 years of experience operating a canning and kegging line
- Adherence to organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Good understanding of Quality Assurance / Quality Control and problem solving skills as well as to troubleshoot any beer related issues.
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
- Data entry software such as Word, Excel, Beersmith, Ekos, and various Google programs.
- Brewery equipment: Scales, Keg cleaning machine, forklift, pumps, heating equipment, grain mill, as well as lab and wort analysis equipment.
- Various gas regulators and multi flow liquid valves.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, perform repetitive motions of the hands and/or wrists, and perform various tasks with dexterity, strength and mobility.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds, and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
- High mental and visual attention required for planning difficult work methods and sequences
to evaluate and execute qualities of product. AND/OR Extremely close visual attention such as making delicate adjustments to control high speed operations to exercise very precise muscular control.
While performing the duties of this position, the worker is exposed to inside environmental
conditions, extreme heat, potential for physical injury, exposure to hot fluids, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, strong odors, chemicals, and moving machinery. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud due to frequent pump operation.
Fill out the EMPLOYMENT FORM to apply.