Please Apply Through THIS LINK
*Note Cover Letter & Resume are both required for this position*
Levante Purpose and Vision:
Elevate the Craft to Elevate Life
To create the most inspired products, to be committed to excellence, to be leaders in our field(s), to build gathering places in the communities that we serve, and to facilitate a genuine and enjoyable experience for all.
Company and Taproom Description:
Levante Brewing opened its taproom doors in mid-2015 with the goal of becoming a gathering place for the community. A place where friends, families, co-workers, and enthusiasts alike can come together and enjoy the art of conversation around their love for well crafted, artisanal beer. Over time we’ve been committed to positive change and new, genuine and enjoyable experiences. Whether it be new beers on tap, an ever-changing taproom aesthetic, growing our community centric and philanthropic events, or increasing to-go and creative merchandise offerings. We’re developing an organization with vision. One that’s committed to positive change and excellence. We hope that you join us in this adventure!
The Taproom Manager reports directly to the CEO of Levante Brewing.
The Taproom Manager manages the daily operations of the Taproom including sales, cost control, staff development and regulatory compliance. The Manager is responsible and accountable for all retail, bar, and related activities and has ownership of ensuring that the Taproom operates at an optimal balance of efficiency and service to achieve business plan objectives while creating a positive, genuine, and enjoyable experience for all guests.
The Taproom Manager is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Consistently acts as a leader, sets a welcoming, appropriate and professional tone for staff communication and dynamics; is informed and up to date on the Taproom and company offerings, products, and services; knows and represents company history and culture.
- Works all onsite events.
- Curates private events for Monday nights.
- Creates and maintains positive team culture through coaching, development and interaction with team members.
- Ensures the overall appearance of Taproom displays and environment are kept at the highest level, including signage, property cleanliness & decor
- Designs, maintains, and ensures compliance with opening and closing checklists, Taproom and Company SOP’s, and all other procedures with included auditable logs.
- Works closely with Director of Brewery Operations, Director of Sales and Distribution, and Branding and Marketing Manager to forecast beer style and volume needs of taproom and manage inventory levels.
- Coordinates with Branding and Marketing Manager, Events Coordinator, and Director of Marketing through Asana to ensure all Taproom related needs are marketed appropriately.
- Reviews and monitors daily sales and margins; Meets and exceeds sales and margin goals.
- Communicates weekly and monthly results, trends, issues and action plans to CEO.
- Communicates weekly sales data and information to the Director of Brew Ops.
- Continually communicates with staff on key results, trends, plans via memos, postings, and conversations and regular staff meetings.
- Participates in quarterly budgeting process including sales planning; Monitors and controls expenses to meet and exceed quarterly operating budgets.
- Responsible for carrying out / ensuring compliance with company cash management procedures.
- Reviews, approves, and submits bi-weekly payroll information to HR and Payroll Administrator; monitors labor in order to meet customer service goals while staying within budgeted labor goals.
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of all company procedures and policies; exemplifies, upholds and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Operates and understands core functions of POS system & assists in training users.
- Organizes and coordinates monthly and year-end Taproom/Retail inventory; participates in all inventories, inventory follow-up, and resolution of inventory variances.
- Responsible for keeping inventory and ordering sufficient quantities of Taproom bar, retail supplies and merchandise, including glassware, crowlers, growlers, retail merchandise, bar towels, bathroom towels and soap, cleaning/sanitizing chemicals, and other supplies.
- Schedules, monitors and supervises preventive maintenance of Taproom facility and equipment; Maintains up-to-date facility and equipment files and maintenance records.
- Oversees Taproom recruiting efforts by coordinating and participating in candidate interviewing, hiring, new hire orientations and departmental trainings.
- Leads training & development of staff to promote knowledge, efficiency and growth; coordinates with team to schedule periodic trainings as needed; evaluates, adjusts and improves training systems.
- Sets performance goals for Taproom staff; Evaluates employee performance and growth and provides regular feedback.
- Ensures monthly and weekly staff schedules are completed, reviewed and posted each week as needed.
- Maintains system for tracking schedule requests; plans annual vacation and holiday schedules. Ensures that shifts and responsibilities for supervisors and other staff are covered during vacations and emergencies.
- Ensures proper completion of all hiring, employment, termination forms/paperwork and maintenance of proper personnel files and recordkeeping.
- Understands and ensures adherence to workers compensation, benefits, anti-harassment, anti-discrimination and other legal standards and Levante policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining Chester County Board of Health license and compliance with all Board of Health requirements for Retail Food Outlet. Prepares for and oversees Board of Health inspection of taproom premises.
- Assures all staff are continually informed and in compliance with all health and sanitation laws and principles.
- Assures all staff members are properly trained and following basic safety practices and emergency procedures.
- Actively promotes ideas for operational improvement; responds promptly to management inquiries, assignments and deadlines.
- Requires a high school diploma, preferably a bachelor’s degree, and a minimum of 3 years of management experience in the hospitality industry, preferably in a high-grossing location.
- Strong analytical skills. The ability to collect, organize, analyze, forecast, and report on performance and key performance indicators of the business.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel with the ability to learn and use POS systems, inventory management, and other business software.
- Strong organization and communication skills to discern and address the needs of customers, employees, stakeholders, and company leadership.
- Demonstrates ability to cultivate strong relationships within the organization and community-at-large
- Demonstrates leadership capacity motivating and unifying teams.
- Demonstrates ability and desire to have a positive attitude and professional demeanor in all situations.
- Ability to manage competing priorities within a dynamic environment.
- A constant learner, able to flourish in a fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
- Passion for Levante and the craft beer business; Strong knowledge of craft beer is desired.
- Expertise in driving efficiency in business despite practical constraints.
- Able to work effectively with people at all levels across the organization.
- Goal-oriented with ability to demonstrate impeccable integrity and honesty.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Able to work flexible hours as needed to manage and operate the Taproom effectively.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, and bend for long periods of time.
- Environment may involve noise and temperature changes.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and calculator.