PLEASE APPLY THROUGH THIS LINK!
Job Title: Packaging Technician
Job Overview: This Full-time position reports directly to the Packaging Manager. Provides support to the entire packaging department to maintain company policies and ensure all products and the facility meet company quality standards. Focusing on operating the canning line and kegging line operations, cleanliness of the facility, and assisting in a variety of facility projects. This position needs to communicate regularly, effectively, and efficiently with supervisors and team members. Applicant must be 21 years or older.
Responsibilities and Duties: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Responsible for completing all packaging tasks including cleaning kegs, filling kegs, canning line maintenance, canning line operation, and rotating inventory items
- Must be able to perform the duties of a shift leader and run a packaging line shift without the direct supervision of the Packaging Manager
- Responsible for setting up, performing and completing both kegging line and canning line operations including preparation and clean up
- Lead and contribute to the training of part time employees within the packaging department
- Must advocate for and maintain the cleanliness of all areas of the brewery
- Must communicate regularly with supervisors and team members throughout the day to ensure all tasks are completed
- Follow Cleaning & Maintenance Schedules and consult supervisor about cleaning needs, and perform all required cleanings to the appropriate standard including tanks, floors, walls, tank exteriors, Brewhouse vessels, kegs and other packaging, packaging line and other equipment as directed
- Follow all inventory procedures for all raw materials, chemicals, beer, cooperage, small parts, ingredients, packaging supplies etc. and report deficiencies to the supervisor.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and administrative duties accurately and on time.
- Perform others duties as assigned.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule: days, nights and or weekends. The primary job hours will be weekdays.
- Applicant must be 21 years or older.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills to interact with coworkers, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions, procedures, and standard operating procedures.
- Possess the ability to multi-task and manage stressful circumstances associated with a fast-paced and evolving work environment.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment.
- Adherence to organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Good understanding of Quality Assurance / Quality Control and problem solving skills as well as to troubleshoot any beer related issues.
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
- Data entry software such as Word, Excel, Beersmith, Ekos, and various Google programs.
- Brewery equipment: Canning Line, Conveyance, Labeling Machine, Date Coder, Scales, Keg cleaning machine, forklift, pumps, and heating equipment
- Various gas regulators and multi flow liquid valves.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, perform repetitive motions of the hands and/or wrists, and perform various tasks with dexterity, strength and mobility.
Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds, and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
- High mental and visual attention required for planning difficult work methods and sequences to evaluate and execute qualities of product. AND/OR Extremely close visual attention such as making delicate adjustments to control high speed operations to exercise very precise muscular control.
While performing the duties of this position, the worker is exposed to inside environmental conditions, extreme heat, potential for physical injury, exposure to hot fluids, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, strong odors, chemicals, and moving machinery. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud due to frequent pump operation.